Retail Operations Courses
Courses focused on helping Store Managers Field Managers, and Managers-in-Training identify, practice, and develop the skills they need to improve the quality of their store operations, reduce expenses, and improve operating profit.
Retail Operations Courses Include interactive learning activities, downloadable and printable job aids, realistic scenarios, testing, and certificates of completion. Unless noted otherwise, each course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- Preventing Shoplifting and External Theft
- ROPS 101. External theft costs retailers over $13 Billion each year. But there is more to external theft than shoplifting. Upon completing this training course, the learner will understand how to recognize and prevent shoplifting, credit card fraud, return fraud, counterfeiting, check fraud, and more. Using video segments and interactive activities the learner will understand the impact external theft has on their business and how to successfully confront would be thieves. Click here for more information.
- Loss Prevention For Employees
- This 2-hour course covers the basic concepts of shortage control and safety for the hourly employee position. It is designed for new employees or as a refresher for seasoned team members. Small business owners should view this course to help them get started in understanding how shrink and safety can impact their bottom line. You will learn about: Why shrink and safety are important issues, Loss Prevention terminology, Deterring shoplifting; What to do if there is a robbery; Safety standards and more! Click here for more information.
- Loss Prevention For Managers
- This 10 hour course is designed for the Loss Prevention, Store and Asst. Manager position within a store. This training goes beyond the basics and is designed for the manager position that is responsible for shortage and safety. This can also be an excellent course for District Loss Prevention Managers, Investigators, Store Owners and any support positions for the LP Department. Click here for more information.
- Identifying and Preventing Loss (COMING SOON)
- ROPS 102. Students will explore the various components that can lead to lost revenue and profits for a business. This will include a review of cash drawer procedures, inventory handling and pilferage, unneeded expenses, and controlling payroll fraud.
- Understanding the Profit Equation(COMING SOON)
- ROPS 103 – This e-learning course will review the basic structure of a retail store profit and loss statement and the learner will explore the concepts around revenue, inventory, and expense and their relationship to the profit equation.
- Retail Math…The Formulas of Success (COMING SOON)
- RSOPS 104. A comprehensive review of the mathematical formulas that managers and retail owners need to know in order to understand, analyze and take action on business opportunities. Includes Inventory turns, Months on hand, payroll, Gross Margin, GMROI, Operating margin, net profit, and more.
Customized Retail Operations Courses For Your Company
If your company is seeking assistance in building a training program to support your business goals then RTS is the place to go. Our team of content developers and retail experts will meet with your stakeholders and review your policies and procedures. Then we will get to work on building the instructor-led training or online training courses that will clearly communicate your standards and requirements! Contact us today for a free one-hour consultation!