How can independent retailers compete effectively with national big box chains – a case study
Forbes has a great article today about ABT electronics. They are a 75 year old electronics retailer based in Chicago that is not only surviving, but growing. There are many lessons to be learned from ABT and other successful independents including:
- Reducing employee turnover by recruiting good people and then paying them based on their results
- The importance of investing in your people through retail training programs
- Reacting quickly to market challenges
- Investing in customer loyalty programs and on improving the retail customer experience
You can find the article here. It is a great read. enjoy!
– David Goodwin is the Principal of the Retail Advocacy Group. As a 30 year veteran of the retail industry he has hired, trained, and performance managed thousands of retail sales representatives and retail managers. You can learn more about instructor-led, e-learning, and other training solutions for retailers at www.retailertrainingservices.com.